Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tee Nee trailer questions

Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107874

• randyr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am starting the restoration of a small Tee Nee trailer and have a few questions.

A piece of wire rope is attached to the center of the axle. What is the purpose of this? Where does the other end attach?

Where can I obtain a tail light? I thought I had one but the mounting studs have the wrong spacing.

An electrical wire runs down the center beam and is stuck in place. Any idea what this could be fastened to or stuck to?

The wheels are white. They show no sign of yellow and appear to be the correct wheels. Comments?

The rear rollers are mounted on studs. One stud has a loop that the roller shaft fits in the other has a fork that he roller shaft fits in. The fork is positioned between two rollers. How do I get the shaft off the fork?

Thank you,

Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107875

the cable had a loop that fit over your hitch ball....it held the trailer in place so you could unhook the trailer and tilt it or move it side to side....a lot of boat ramps weren't much in the 50's and a lot of people just launched from shore...john

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107880

Hey Randy

As RFP pointed out, the cable is part of the Tie-Tilt cable accessory option. The cable went from the rear axle to a point under the tongue to the ball hitch.

Taillights should be ready available from any good auto supplier, the would still have the old school ones.

Got me on the electrical wire, would assume it was for taillight wiring, maybe shorted out & welded itself to the frame?

These would be the correct rims, color was typically yellow.

To remove the rollers, you have to unbolt the studs from the rear cross member.

As always, pictures are helpful.

Cheers & good luck with your resto!

Bill
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107911

Well, having said that, what size are your rims?
My originals where 8" and white.
I changed over to the 12" that were typically yellow.

Cheers

Bill
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107928

The The cable you reference that goes under the tongue. T Nee called that the Tie Tilt Cable. Oops Bill got this!
As far as I know all Tee NEE rims were white from the factory. ( I checked all my books from 1956 to 1964)
The roller you want to remove has as you said one adjustment bolt with a loop on top and one with a fork. The one with a fork is a very tight friction fit. To remove the roller place a one foot piece of wood under the roller (forked end) and smack upward with a BIG hammer. It will pop out. Or remove the roller with the forked bolt in place. Then put two nuts back on the bolt (nuts are to save the threads) and tighten it up in the vice and still use the wood but give it a smack! Or you can usr a dead blow hammer.
The tight wiring may be. Did the trailer fenders have Flight light extensions on top. If so there is a hole on the bottom of the main beam just behind the axel that the wiring comes out to electrify the lights on the fenders. Or check on the very back end of the tongue by the roller and see if the wire is pinched there.

Hope this is some help D

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107931

Del's right, 56 & up were white. I guess I'm just used to seeing them yellow. I believe this is from 1955, so I assume it's a safe bet they changed to white in 56.

Cheers

Bill
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107971

Oh Bill ole buddy ole pal! I would love to find some of the early 50's T Nee's brochures if you have any duplicate years. I have two 58 and two 59's to trade but nothing from 1956 down. I watch the bay all the time but the old ones seldom show up.

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 2 weeks ago #107974

I'll check my collection tomorrow, but I think this is the only copy I have of this one. Have a bunch of older dealer stuff, but not many brochures. just to tease you, this is the one with Roy Rogers!

cheers

Bill
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 1 week ago #107986

• randyr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you all for the information. I have disassembled the trailer in preparation of sandblasting and have come up with a few more things to replace. Any idea where to obtain them?

The rubber cover that fits over the bow rest.
The keel rollers. I see that the roller shafts are available. How about the rollers.

Thank you,

Randy

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 1 week ago #108190

Posted this a couple days ago & it disappeared, how does that happen?

Anyway, found a couple more scans of the Tie - Tilt

Cheers
Bill
Attachments:

Re:Tee Nee trailer questions 9 years 1 week ago #108304

• randyr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for the information. Now I know how long to make the cable.(got the original cable wrapped up in the lawn mower)
I have another question. I have disassembled the trailer. It looks like the trailer pieces were painted prior to assembly so the fasteners should be unpainted. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Randy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6427 guests and one member online