Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CC Lancer 23

CC Lancer 23 7 years 2 weeks ago #130856

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I Don't think I posted my larger classic, I restored this about 8 years ago, one of my favorites for a day on the water. I came across a few photos from last summer. It's a 78 not really disco though. I inch thick bottom 1/2 inch sides, full fiberglass interior floor stringers etc. incredible ride, Huge cockpit has a head under deck so makes a great day boat. Its a Ray Hunt, Jim Wynn design. I kept it all original except I hated the original boot striping and the clunky inefficient rear riser Chris Craft exhaust manifolds had to go. Barr made a kit specific to change over to center riser style. I was not excited about the Volvo outdrive, ( I'm a Merc, made in USA kind of guy) it has electric tilt for shallows but no power trim back then. That said, by any other yardstick it has proven to be a bulletproof combo with the 350 Chevy. I have trim tabs that help make up for lack of the outdrive trim. Service parts, boots, seals etc are available through NAPA at less than marine prices ;) In the event anyone visits, this is what ya get a ride in!

OOOOPS left teen age girls in charge!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:CC Lancer 23 7 years 2 weeks ago #130861

Sharp lookin' boat!!

I've always had a soft spot for the Chris Crafts from the 70's, they were some of the last "real" Chris Crafts before G. Dale Murray (of Murray lawnmower fame) bought them out in the early 80's and ran the company into the ground.. The glass work on on these boats is second to none, and is almost literally bulletproof in strength.. Their hulls are grossly overbuilt compared to modern fiberglass boats..

Here's a couple of pics of my Chris Craft 251 Catalina Express from the "Class of 1978".. ;)

100_0510 by cc_john67 , on Flickr

100_0511 by cc_john67 , on Flickr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CC-John

1973 Century Resorter 16, 225HP Chrysler LM318

1978 Chris Craft 251 Catalina Express, 330HP Pleasurecraft 350 (383 Stroker)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)