Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: my winter project .."77" 17ft invader

my winter project .."77" 17ft invader 9 years 4 months ago #101983

hi guys here's my project we started this summer.. picked this up from my niece's husband.. it started as a family project 2 years ago and he lost interest.. so decided to do it myself.. it's a 1977 17ft invader bow rider.. the wife and i wanted something to hit the bays and Delaware river in fishing and boating again.. i pulled the 200hp off and sold that off.. way over powered in my opinion... and already had a 115hp mariner sitting in need of a complete rewire and freshening up from sitting.. picked up a set of TODD adjustable & swivel seats for it.
rear seats pulled out and new wood already cut.
front bow seats pulled and new wood cut..
now to get them all covered over the winter..
next up will be getting the floor out and replaced the right way.. the old floor was soft in a few spots so they just covered over it..going to remove it all and do it right..
just need to get it into the garage and get started pulling it apart.. and find out if i'll be doing stringer work also..if so i'll have a few months to get them all out. cut and fitted then be ready for warmer weather to do the glass work..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:my winter project .."77" 17ft invader 9 years 4 months ago #101987

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like a nice score VR, looking forward to watching your project come along. Don't ya just hate it when somebody lays a "new" floor right over the old one, and it's rarely done right!? (I've got a couple of them in my yard right now that were done that way. It may get you going temporarily, but I do believe it hastens the demise of the remaining structure underneath!)

Mark

Re:my winter project .."77" 17ft invader 9 years 4 months ago #101989

yea the price was right.. they were moving and didnt want to take it with them..so i already owned the motor on the back of it.. so they needed a few jet ski parts i had..so i just swapped the parts for the boat.. got the 200 fired up and sold it..that covered all my cost for the wiring harnesses i needed for the 115hp.. and even paid for the complete 90hp engine that i found.. that had everything i need for my trim and tilt swap.. im swapping out the complete mid sections.. my powerhead to mid section gasket just came in the other day.. so im ready for when ever i switch my powerhead over to the new mid section.. just want to get it all cleaned up and painted....
i think im going to assemble the motor in the spring on the back of my boat.. seems like it will be so much easier getting it out of my basement in pieces without scratching everything up.. LOL...

Re:my winter project .."77" 17ft invader 6 years 10 months ago #131738

Hi, I know this post is old, but I was wondering if you did any work on this Invader?

I have one just like it, and was thinking about restoring it.

Thanks.

Re:my winter project .."77" 17ft invader 6 years 7 months ago #133601

im still waiting to get it in the garage to do a full rebuild. another project in worst shape was bumped up first.... i made new front and back seats rigged it with a 90hp and have been using it till our current project gets finished.... we are in the middle of a full rebuild of my son in laws boat.. and building a new garage.... then this one will be next..

Re:my winter project .."77" 17ft invader 6 years 6 months ago #134003

Ok, if you do start could/would keep us/me informed, I am curious to see what is under the floor and the inside of these are like. I am considering restoring mine, but not sure i can do it. Mine did have a tree fall on it this spring, tore up some of the front cushions, which were original I think, so repairing those.

Thanks!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)