Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Post bugs, suggestions and likes/dislikes about features of this site.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Difficulty reading forum post.

Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73221

I am not able to see a lot of the posts in the forums due to the banner on the right side of the page overlapping and covering the text. The posted text is underneath the banner and I have not found a way to move or delete the banner or move the text to be overlapping the banner so it is visible. Any suggestions? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The issue is only on some posts but not all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73225

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I have had this issue on my laptop also.. More Pressing for me is this is the first time I have been loged in since my last post several weeks ago.. And it would not log in all morning, so I read some posts then closed the tab. I jsut re-opened the closed tab and.. Look at that it shows me loged in! I think these issues need to be fixed or there wont be anyone using Fiberglassics... unfortunately.. I like to come read and participate but if I cant get on.. eventualy I stop trying and move on.. to other sites..

Re: Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73296

We need to know what you are using:

1. What operating system

2. What browser and version

in order to try to reproduce it.

Ken

Hello, World!!

Re: Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73322

The issue is when I'm using my Apple I-phone 5. I log in with Google thru Safari. One of the posts in particular is in the main forum with the topic about the Sherry boat. It seems random post threads that have the issue. Some work fine others don't.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Wrangler86

Re: Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73323

There has been plenty of posts about trouble the last few months. I've had it come up like HTML or not available, won't stay logged in..... Dell Laptop running firefox.It's been working better last couple of days but still getting site not available.

Re: Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73356

hasn't worked for me the last couple of hours. i was able to post to glassifides earlier but since then i could get homepage and when i tried to do anything past that it would come up as server can't be found. this time here i hit retry about a doz times and it worked. Very frustrating..

Re: Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73357

Now i can't get into glassifides!!!

Re:Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73370

Hey Ken, I know this thread is about reading post and I saw your Q..my comment fyi when John and I tried to post pics..both of us on the same night could not do so. This was NBR yorkie pup. Im on a Kyocera android that previously was posting pics fine..(once I learned how) the site has also acted up in a virtual cornucopia of ways while on the phone and w/laptops ..sony vaio, and dell w/8. The odd thing on my phone similar to I phone I can and always been able to log on,log off, access posts etc. but pics are the issue with both and log in and out is on laptops!??

Thanks Kurt

Re:Difficulty reading forum post. 11 years 3 months ago #73390

The forum was never designed with smartphones in mind. So, I would guess that some may work and some won't. I have an android and it looks ok.

Possibly when an upgrade is done the forum will become more smartphone friendly.

Hello, World!!

Re:Difficulty reading forum post. 8 years 9 months ago #112382

having this same issue. If a photo is too big for the screen, or a link that doesnt wrap, it will put the text under the banner. Happens on both my Samsung Note 3, and on a HP desktop. heres a picture from just now on the desktop.

Will
Attachments:

Re:Difficulty reading forum post. 8 years 9 months ago #112420

how times have changed....when I first joined this site....MOST of us were on dialup....took forever for a pic to load...sometimes I kinda miss that sound when it was connecting....john

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6705 guests and 2 members online