• Page:

TOPIC: looking for an engine

looking for an engine 1 week 4 days ago #135959

• Ike
  • Ike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The engine on my 72 Sea Ray 190 SRV, decided to go to the big junk yard in the sky. (it was only 46 years old) So I am looking for a replacement, a used but running Mercruiser 165 4.1L inline 6. (the GM 250 in disguise) If I can find one here in the Pacific Northwest I can pick it up. Washington, Oregon, Idaho??, or even British Columbia Meanwhile I'm just using my kicker motor to go fishing.

If anyone of you hear of anything please post it here or send me a PM.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
newboatbuilders.blogspot.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

looking for an engine 6 days 1 hour ago #136013

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 30
Sorry to hear... you have a great boat! Have you checked out Jasper Engines? Google them. They are a big time motor re-manufacturer from Jasper, Indiana that has a nation wide distribution/installer network and they have marine engines. Yes, they are likely more expensive than finding a good runner out there, but the up side is you get a warranty. I just put a Jeep motor in last fall. 6 cylinder with 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty. I will be doing a Mustang motor and transmission with them in the spring... lots cheaper than buying 2 replacement vehicles. Got my motor within about 3-4 days. I did my own install. Just enter your zip code to find a dealer near you if interested. Maybe this is an option. Of course if you found a good local engine for a quarter the price would be great. That boat is too nice not get it back on the water. Whatever you decide, good luck. I have a 1966 160SRV to restore someday and your boat was my inspiration!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Merc 800E
( / Engines)

Merc 800E
04-22-2018