Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is where great FiberGlassics are found and shared. Be it Craigslist, Ebay or your local classifieds, post your sightings here for others to see.
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 Bellboy

1961 Bellboy 5 years 10 months ago #136770

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1961 Bellboy 5 years 10 months ago #136777

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
why? why? do they always have to be so far away!!!

1961 Bellboy 5 years 10 months ago #136782

Look Cosmic.....If you like the boat, go get it. "No Pain, No Gain"
Ron

1961 Bellboy 5 years 10 months ago #136789

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member

akapick wrote: Look Cosmic.....If you like the boat, go get it. "No Pain, No Gain"
Ron

I would do just that if in fact if the cost of doing so wouldn't over ride the value. when you add up travel, trailer rebuild(if in fact it is rebuildable) time lost from work, wear and tear on my truck the cost of bringing it back to life the distance just makes ita real dumb thing to do. And believe me I have done alot of stupid boat deals in my day. I have a few myself that I can't justifie now.

1961 Bellboy 5 years 9 months ago #136835

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
And I have been in touch with him discussing options. There are also 2 others in Wis that I would like to have so I need to do something I guess. The timing and distance (well $$$$ also) keep getting in the way.

1961 Bellboy 5 years 9 months ago #136837

Good move Cosmic.....Looks like a great value $400.00. Send him the money he'll probably hold it for you? Then you can picked it up at your convenience. Let me know if you decide not to buy it

1961 Bellboy 5 years 9 months ago #136839

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Looks like a great boat to restore. Seems the issue I always run into is bearings needing serious service or replacement, bad tires needing replacement and rarely a good spare. When that’s all good (and I forgot you need the lights to work) I don’t think twice about pulling 400 mile trips. I never needed to pull further than that before. Since I don’t have a big truck and car hauler, then that makes these pick-ups easier. I only have a small vehicle and always need to rely on the boat trailer itself. If it were 100 percent road ready, I could get it as far as Michigan City, Indiana off I-94. I did a pick-up that required me to buy a different trailer 6 miles down the road as the other would have never made it. That’s what makes this a big challenge. Wish I could help you because I don’t mind the 400 mile trip. Keep us posted if you come up with a plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cosmic12

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6404 guests and one member online