• Page:

TOPIC: At last, a cover that works.

At last, a cover that works. 9 years 11 months ago #92995

• Normspeed
  • Normspeed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It's been a struggle to find a cover that will work for my 16 foot cruiser. Finally after lots of searching I tried a cover from Sportsman's Guide catalog. I wasn't looking for a travel cover, more for protection from the sun while stored. I intentionally ordered oversized so it would work with the cabin/windshield. This is a Guide Gear cover, designed for a 17-19 foot runabout with a 102" beam, way larger than my little boat. Doesn't have the outboard cover, but It fits good and the extra length allows me to pull it over the entire motor and then some. Good quality and a good fastening system. Mine is 300 weight poly canvas. Cost $89. I like it so much I immediately ordered the same cover in 600 weight as well. It fits well enough that I believe I could actually use it as a travel cover too. In the photo you can see the old cover peeking out from underneath. I use the old cover as a cushion layer. Can't have enough protection! I think this would work on a number of cruisers, like the Dorsetts.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:At last, a cover that works. 9 years 11 months ago #93027

Excellent, I may just need to look into one for myself. I need one for the Wagemaker.

Bob

Re:At last, a cover that works. 9 years 6 months ago #101501

• dlatshaw
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Wonder if t would fit the 18dc. I ordered one similar, but for a 20 to 21 ft boat. Fits the back fine, but isn't wide enough to cover the bow. I'll probably use it to cover the mfg.

Dan
68 MFG Chevron
61 Power Cat 18DC Tahitian
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6835 guests and 2 members online