Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Got a question about an other outboard? Scott, Ward and others are discussed here!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flying Scott Control Cable Replacements

Flying Scott Control Cable Replacements 6 years 10 months ago #132214

• shacomm
  • shacomm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Starting a little late this season... and found my "transmission" control cable is frozen. I can force it to move with vice grips and can even rotate it. But it will not slide back and forth easily (the throttle cable I can move by hand). Thinking it may need lubricant, I let it sit overnight trying to force lubricant into the cable. I clamped a tube on the cable end, filled the tube with wd-40, clamped my compressor to the other end of the tube and set to push 50psi and let run overnight... still no luck. Not sure what else to try.

I see the current replacement cables just have a slot for a bracket, my cables have the threaded sleeve to hold the plastic control box fitting and the plastic ball at the motor. I was looking at Seastar 3300 replacement cables and was wondering if anyone has retrofit these cables? If so what was your approach? I'm headed to West Marine today to pick up a couple and will be working on the cables this week. I'll post some pics of what I come up with.

PS - the Scott is running great!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com

Flying Scott Control Cable Replacements 6 years 8 months ago #133344

• shacomm
  • shacomm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
FYI here's what I ended up with... worked like a charm. For the ball ends, I made little trap brackets that are sandwiched where the ball traps.
Attachments:

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com

Flying Scott Control Cable Replacements 5 years 11 months ago #136060

our on the right track, mive been gone for some time and had to change my name here to get back on, I have some stock cables but probly way to short for your needs , I have used the 3300 cables with great success Good luck!

Flying Scott Control Cable Replacements 5 years 11 months ago #136230

Are they the type that thread into the controller? If so what size? I am looking
for 6-8' foot. 10' would work with a loop. Doing a couple 10 foot boats with Mac 45 and Mac 25hp motors.

Stay calm. Move on.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7151 guests and one member online