Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MFG Corry - Floor install questions

MFG Corry - Floor install questions 9 years 8 months ago #98793

I'm getting ready to sea cast the transom in my little MFG and put a floor back in it. My plan is to split a thick wall rubber hose and put it along the edges of the marine grade plywood, then wrap it all in carpet, my theory is the hose would act as a bumper between the hull and the plywood. My question is, what can I do to strengthen the hull since it has no stringers, should I do anything with the aluminum bar that runs front to back, and what type of foam or product should I use for buoyancy under the floor? Here is a link to my post of the boat with pictures of the hull with no floor. I picked up a nice clean 1970s Johnson 50hp, I know its overkill for the boat but since it had an old 40HP West Bend on it when I bought it I figured the transom can handle the weight, actually I think the Johnson is lighter than the old West Bend.... Any input, links or ideas would be greatly appreciated, I know it wont see water this summer but Id love to get it ready for next spring! Matt

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/mfg-owners-group/new-member-need-a-hand-identifying-my-mfg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MFG Corry - Floor install questions 9 years 8 months ago #99165

I had the other MFG in that thread. I had a computer crash and my pics are not on this one. But I used 3/4 inch plywood and the back two foot or so had a wedge like piece I cut to keep my floor level with my wooded keel. Mine was wood not aluminum.It was left open front and back for ventilation because of the wood. The whole deck lifted out in one piece seats and all. I had the carpet wrapped around the edges.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)