• Page:

TOPIC: MK58 Found

MK58 Found 6 years 7 months ago #133833

• Hugh Long
  • Hugh Long's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Went to pick up a couple small outboards to tune up for a guy. He wanted to know how much. Looking out back I saw this old fiberglass boat with the MK58 on it. Told him that was the price. Good for both of us.. It is complete with controls, turns over and still has the factory seal on it. Gonna check it out today but not start on it till the MK30 is back together....then there is the mk25 electric start, then the.....I have wanted one of these for quite a while too.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MK58 Found 6 years 7 months ago #133893

• Paul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Great motors. I had one on a 14 ft Thunderbird when I was a kid. I have one in the garage now waiting tor a feathercraft to get done. Good find.

MK58 Found 6 years 5 months ago #134796

Excellent find, a one year engine so they are quite hard to find. The 58 was a very hot engine that the racers sought for the powerheads, they just flew on the water. I am currently restoring one for my boat and cannot wait to finish it. Like you, I looked a long time to find one.

MK58 Found 6 years 5 months ago #134799

• Hugh Long
  • Hugh Long's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I will start working on the MK58 when I get this MK30 finished. All freshened up and paint done over a year ago, but got busy moving. It is complete with tiller and working slingshot starter. As I can't really use tiller motors anymore, I will probably pass it on to a new owner. Just got the last gaskets for it so when it starts snowing, I can go to work on it.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6055 guests and 2 members online