Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 800 fgs power tilt

1961 800 fgs power tilt 6 years 10 months ago #131617

new to this forum, looking for help/instructions with installing power tilt on my 1961 800 fgs. I have "pieced- together" some of the parts, I have the 2 cylinders and mounts, pump and lines. The used lines will be replaced, once I get everything together. I don't know if I have all the mounting hardware, bushings etc. need to find either a parts break-down and/or installation instructions. any help would be appreciated !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1961 800 fgs power tilt 6 years 10 months ago #131619

You will need to disable, or eliminate the Reverse Lock pieces, so that when you shift into Neutral or Reverse the hooks don't drop and lock onto the tilt rod.
You can remove all these pieces, or simply remove the 'Reverse Lock Push Rod', (item 15 in the driveshaft housing parts break-down), and leave the other related components, which will help align the upper & lower shift shafts during reassembly.
Find the related parts breakdown page at: www.marineengine.com
You will need the related cap-screws for the power trim rams & brackets. They are longer than the cap-screws used with the simple 'shock absorber', but still 1/2 NF thread.
You will also need the related bushings and spacers that 'should' be included in your PT rams.
If you can post a picture of what parts you have, we can let you know what bits-n-pieces you still need.
doc F
Attachments:

1961 800 fgs power tilt 6 years 10 months ago #131621

SAFETYNOTE !!!!!

Also remember that mercury recommend that you don't use it with your motor or any other Pre 65motor unless you use an upgraded swivel bracket.
yours can crack. so if you use yours keep checking for cracks especially around the lower shock mount.

1961 800 fgs power tilt 6 years 10 months ago #131624

Are the upgraded swivel mounts available? or is it off a later model that I can look for ? the motor is off the boat right now, and any upgrades would be easier now. I also have a '62 850 fgs for a spare that I will be going through. not in a hurry, The boat is undergoing preservation / restoration . Btw, thanks for the info. going to try adding some pics .

Jim

1961 800 fgs power tilt 6 years 10 months ago #131625

check your email
1 914 310 7086 Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: jim placko

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)