Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New 2 Me 1957 Mercury Mark75 Where should I start?

Re:New 2 Me 1957 Mercury Mark75 Where should I start? 7 years 8 months ago #124932

Where is #6 ?

Here is the correct compression tester you need for Mercs in order to test the lower cylinder.
www.johnsmcintoshvintagemercuryoutboard.com/CompressionTester.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.

Re:New 2 Me 1957 Mercury Mark75 Where should I start? 7 years 8 months ago #124953

I couldn't get to six because of the lower cowl.

Re:New 2 Me 1957 Mercury Mark75 Where should I start? 7 years 8 months ago #124972

Check that 6 hole!
Mercs have a nasty habit of sucking water in the bottom hole when the lower crank seal goes bad. If it has been in salt. Bad news, very bad news. And thats some old rubber on that grampa motor! Get a compression tester with the screw in end with the rubber hose. It will work. It's a pain to get it in there but hey your runnin' on percs right!
Do it.

Stay calm. Move on.

Re:New 2 Me 1957 Mercury Mark75 Where should I start? 7 years 8 months ago #124982

Lol oh yeah!

I'll try again to get it in there. I have the tester with the hose.

Re:New 2 Me 1957 Mercury Mark75 Where should I start? 7 years 1 month ago #130651

Ok. I got the fuel pumps done.

Now, I'm going to take off the lower cowl to get at the carbs. From what I can tell, I'll need to take the power head off, correct?

I think it looks like it's just bolted to the lower.

Also, from there I should be able to get to the impeller, is that right? I can't find anything about actually replacing the impeller, just mentions that people have done it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8399 guests and 3 members online