Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Better late than never.

Better late than never. 6 years 8 months ago #133241

Well guys, it's taken two years, a heart attack, a car wreck, and some healing time but I finally got the Humber ready to go ! I had to use the G-3's trailer as the Humber's was too far gone for my budget of nothing. LOL. I had to box the frame and do a bunch of welding but she is sitting on her new rig behind my Wife's new rig. She wanted another convertible so bad she let a Caddy T-bone her ! This one is nicer than the Grand Am I have to give her that but tomorrow we are heading for Lake Erie and gonna have some fun. The motor's perfect and functionally so is the boat. Pretty is for next year. We've waited a long time for this and I'll take some decent pictures while we play. Your tips and advice made this all possible since I sure didn't know as much as I thought I did. I'll update tomorrow when we get back and I hope you all have a safe day on the water or wherever you may be. Mark S.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Better late than never. 6 years 8 months ago #133243

Sorry to hear about the set backs, really sucks once you get going and they hit. Enjoy the water and take plenty of pics!!!

Bob

Better late than never. 6 years 8 months ago #133246

Not setbacks, wake ups :) I was trying to do too much for my own good. I'm reasonably healthy, moderately happy, and still clinically sane so I'm doing better than most. I'm like a 6 year old who knows he has a go kart under the tree and can't wait for everyone to wake the heck up on Christmas morning ! I'll get some nice pics for sure. Man, I hope I can sleep. LOL. G'night !

Better late than never. 6 years 8 months ago #133296

I have to say the Lord smiled on us today. What a FANTASTIC day to play on the lake !! We got to Dunnville early and launched from the Grand River Marina. It's 10 bucks but your car or truck and stuff will be safe all day as it's patrolled and the guys even helped me with the trailer coming out. Nice folks in that little town. The OPP made their presence known within FIVE minutes of us getting wet but were very polite and just gave us a cursory safety check. We putted around the river at various RPM's for a while until it seemed that old rude 40 just wanted to go, so we went ! That little boat ran 33 mph beside a friend's finish boat on his speedo today after almost a decade out of water. It was too sweet for words. I ran through two tanks of fuel and would have stayed out longer but for a diabetic cat who needs a shot. The Wife was smiling from ear to ear and the water stayed reasonable until around 3pm when the chop got up to about 2 1/2 feet we backed her down a bit and headed back to the Grand. It was so nice we are going again tomorrow and again Thursday. Sue put her foot down and since it's her vacation I can't refuse :). Like I would. The only trouble came after we towed a kayak back to shore when she got a little too far out and when I cut the throttle to come around her the motor died. I had to manually half choke it as the fast idle won't let me shift into gear to keep the RPM up. It worked but I need to adjust the idle speed a notch. A great day and here's some pictures to prove it, I can't tell you the name of the lighthouse but I think we were somewhere around Turkey Point Ontario. It's really pretty and there were all kinds of fishing boats on the lee side. Thanks again for ALL the help, I couldn't have done it without you folks. Gotta eat, sleep and go boating !! The lighthouse I misidentified is Point Abino near Port Colbourne Ontario.

Better late than never. 6 years 8 months ago #133320

Excellent!!!!!!!!!

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5619 guests and 3 members online