Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 span american bottom of boat

1957 span american bottom of boat 3 years 9 months ago #142775

what is the best way to fix the bottom of the boat
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1957 span american bottom of boat 3 years 9 months ago #142776

Ok First off Span America was not formed until 1958 and prior to that it was Glass Craft. This Hull does not look like a span so would like to see other pictures of the boat. That way I can figure out what you have. As for the proper repair of any Glass hull you have to grind out all the gelcoat and cracks then use Tiger hair glass and resin to fill all the damaged areas. In this era there was no wood used other than in the transom so stringers are not a issue. After you do your repairs then use gelcoat primer to damaged areas and in some cases I have had to strip and reprime the complete hull. Once that is done new gelcoat can be applied. I put on 2 coats back to back then sand and put on 2 more tinned coats sand and buff. Its a lot of work and cutting corners with cheap material will come back to haunt you when it cracks up. Several boats have come here over the years that have not been done right and the cost was so high to fix them it was unreal. At this point you need to ask yourself is the boat worth even fixing or find a better one. this one is pretty ruff. We stopped restoring boats a few years ago because the cost out weighed the value in the end on what we could sell them for.

1957 span american bottom of boat 3 years 9 months ago #142777

Here's pictures

1957 span american bottom of boat 3 years 9 months ago #142778

Picture

1957 span american bottom of boat 3 years 9 months ago #142779

No pictures have been posted check the post when your done to make sure you did it right.

1957 span american bottom of boat 3 years 9 months ago #142780

Says picture sze ro big . Here is my phone number call me 724 683 7552 ty

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6397 guests and no members online