Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRUMMOND glass boats??

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 1 week ago #142075

Friends,

Just this afternoon, i found a BIG/OPEN 18 FOOT UTILITY , that looks like an old-school GRADY WHITE. = I tried looking on ALL of the usual search engines on the WORLDWIDEWEIRD & W/O SUCCESS. ====> It's titled as a 1972 BUT looks mid-60s & has a 1970 EVINRUDE OB & is on a 60s DILLY TRAILER.

Anyone ever heard of DRUMMOND Boats?? = NOTHING, NOT EVEN THE NAME, IN THE FG, LIBRARY.

YOURS, Jim/ TMN78247

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 1 week ago #142076

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Can you post a picture? It would really help.

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 1 week ago #142078

63 Sabre,

IF I had a photo of the DRUMMOND, I would have posted. it

IF you know what a early 1960s wooden GRADY WHITE PAMLICO looked like, you will KNOW the answer. = Basically, the BIG/deep/beamy utility looks as if someone bought a PAMLICO, made a pattern from it & then replicated the hull in glass.

Inasmuch as there is ZILCH on any of "the usual search engines" of the WWW about any DRUMMOND, that looks anything like this rig, I wonder if it's a "one-off" or a custom ordered boat, as the glass work is obviously "heavy duty" & very well finished.
(I was just hoping that one or more of our very knowledgeable members would at least have a little info. )

Yours, TMN78247/Jim

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 1 week ago #142082

Here's what I have on Drummond. There are two pages, both with the same photos, just different titles. The "specs" on the back are the same. Is this your boat? I know that this is an I/O, but is it similar? There's not a lot of information out there, as during this period, there were hundreds of manufacturers out there, most of them small, with only a regional sales and marketing drive. This one? There were hundreds of builders, just in Florida alone. I hope this helps.

Lee

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TMN78247

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 1 week ago #142083

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
That little side note in the picture...see Drummond story April 72 issue boating magazine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TMN78247

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 1 week ago #142084

lee wangstad,

NOPE. - BUT I bet that it's the same company. That I/O 23 footer is NOT "fake lapstrake" & does NOT have the so-called "NC OCEAN FLARE" in the bow.
BUT the 23 footer has some "similarities" to the 18 foot utility.

As I told 63sabre, the boat that I found looks like a glass copy of a GRADY WHITE "PAMLICO". = I'd bet that it's a "ripped off" COPY of a wooden GW.

I wonder f "Bulldog" Drummond might still be alive??

I have a list, btw, of almost 200 TEXAS boatbuilders who ranged from "built one boat" to LONE STAR & GLASTRON in size.

THANKS for trying to help me.

Yours, Tex

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 1 week ago #142085

63sabre; lee wangstad,

WISHING that i could find a copy of that April 1972 BOATING MAGAZINE!!

This IS a REALLY nice boat/85 Evinrude/trailer for the "near giveaway price". It has always been stored inside & out of the weather.= The owner is a widow, whose husband passed away & she doesn't want HIS boat.

Note to SELF: I wonder if my 1992 Lincoln TOWN CAR will pull it?? = The FOMOCO book says that the TC will tow a 2000# rig.

Yours, Tex

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 5 days ago #142116

lee wangstad wrote: Here's what I have on Drummond. There are two pages, both with the same photos, just different titles. The "specs" on the back are the same. Is this your boat? I know that this is an I/O, but is it similar? There's not a lot of information out there, as during this period, there were hundreds of manufacturers out there, most of them small, with only a regional sales and marketing drive. This one? There were hundreds of builders, just in Florida alone. I hope this helps.

Lee

I had that boat in the early 2000's. It had the Penta 270 outdrive, with a 3.2L six cylinder high speed diesel engine. A French industrial engine, marinized by Volvo. 105Hp, needed another 50HP. Sturdy and seaworthy, I was told it was a Ray Hunt design.
Many hours trolling wire line, and catching bass and blues.
Be well,
Larry

DRUMMOND glass boats?? 4 years 5 days ago #142118

Larry,

THANKS for the info, though the DRUMMOND that I've found is an OB-powered utility.

yours, tex

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6571 guests and 2 members online