Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 LONE STAR FLEETWOOD DELUXE Found in Texas!!

1961 LONE STAR FLEETWOOD DELUXE Found in Texas!! 4 years 5 months ago #141094

Friends,

Just this PM, I found the above BIG OB 17-foot runabout in decent shape, with 75HP Evinrude Starflite III & on a serviceable two-wheel trailer.

The aqua/white hull is in good shape, with all brightwork present & in good condition.

The OB was used a few times last year & was running at the end of this last Summer.

The seat upholstery is PRESENT but in fair-poor condition but is completely suitable to make patterns from but not for much else.
The Bikini top is GONE but the frame is present & OK.
The old carpet was ripped out & discarded about 3 years ago, according to the PO, as it was rotted & in tatters.
(I suspect that the boat will be re-carpeted in a complementary color with indoor/outdoor carpet from the local "remnants area" at a local flooring/carpeting shop.)
The original windshield is present & in decent shape.

QUESTIONS:
1. Do any of our members know about how many Fleetwood Deluxe runabouts were built by Lone Star & perhaps even how many were built in 1961??
2. Are there any factory records in existence for the early 1960s by Lone Star??
(Personally, this is the FIRST Fleetwood that I've seen in at least 3-4 decades, so they must not be, at 58YO, commonplace in 2019.)
and
3. Do any of you know about how much that the hull weighs?? Also, the approximate weight of the OB motor would be nice.
Note: Looking at the light "artillery-style" trailer, I would guess that it doesn't weigh more than 250 pounds.
(My 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis is rated by the factory to tow 2000 pounds, W/O installation of the so-called, "Heavy duty towing package".)

yours, tex
Ft Sam Houston, San Antonio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1961 LONE STAR FLEETWOOD DELUXE Found in Texas!! 4 years 5 months ago #141130

Friends,

Does NOBODY know the answers to my questions??

yours, tex

1961 LONE STAR FLEETWOOD DELUXE Found in Texas!! 4 years 5 months ago #141132

Have you checked the LoneStar files in the library?
I couldn't find that model, but a picture would help identify it.

1961 LONE STAR FLEETWOOD DELUXE Found in Texas!! 4 years 5 months ago #141139

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Don’t know answers to your specific questions, but the overall weight has to be less than my 30 year old 20 foot open bow Hydrostream Voyagerxt with 200 hp V6 and trailer which is around 1850 - 1900 pounds loaded with over 20 gallons of fuel and about 10 water skis, 2 knee boards, a wakeboard, 2 anchors, spare prop, paddle, battery. I pull mine with a 2000 pound rated mid sized car from 1981 with a 318 smog motor and 2.24 gas mileage gear set. Have towed with that over 20,000 miles with most trips 300-400 miles one way in 90 degree weather with the A/C on. No tranny cooler and no oil cooler. I still pull with it... 0 to 60 might take a month to get there due to gearing and low hp, but it will roll down a moderately rolling highway. Your vehicle is larger than mine and likely has more hp. Some books rate my engine at 130, while others rate it at 140 hp. 2 barrel Carter carb. For me and pulling boats, traction was always my biggest concern when pulling a heavy boat from a steep or sandy boat ramp. I ordered a posi rear end, so traction isn’t my limit... horse power is my limit. However, if ever have trouble, if a person is careful and the trailer and winch is set right, you can put the motor in idle forward to help get rolling. I never had to do it, but have seen it done with great caution and care. Hope this helps a bit.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat