Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help identifying this boat!

Need help identifying this boat! 4 years 8 months ago #140299

Hello all! i need some help today (and most days) identifying this boat i may end up buying. owner says its an elgin but it looks too new to me to be so. any help or clues is appreciated! thanks all.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need help identifying this boat! 4 years 8 months ago #140301

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Two ways to help out. Is there an AZ registration with the boat or are you buying it with a bill of sale. Contact the AZ Dept of...… wherever they register it there and have them look up that registration on the bow. The other way would be if there is a hull number stamped somewhere on the transom starboard side (right side from the rear).

Need help identifying this boat! 4 years 8 months ago #140320

When I first saw this photo I immediately thought of Speed Queen with a newer windshield. Any other ideas?

Lee Wangstad
Attachments:

Need help identifying this boat! 4 years 8 months ago #140321

I was going to try calling azgfd but there is a rather ambiguous last letter on the hill numbers and one letter missing. He has a title he says so we’ll see when I drive out there tomorrow. His ad says Elgin but I don’t believe it. He also said he can’t find the coat guard/factory capacity placard so again, we’ll see. I’m also quite thrown off by that windshield lee! Looks too new for the boat but also kind of cool with the aggressive bow. Will try and report back later. Thanks guys

Need help identifying this boat! 4 years 8 months ago #140322

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I have to agree with Lee about the Speed Queen. The windshield might be a replacement.
Attachments:

Need help identifying this boat! 4 years 8 months ago #140336

bought the boat today with the matching original trailer (looks really nice with the matching paint jobs) for 400 dollars. surprisingly the 75 Johnson started right up after getting it new gas. I think you guys are right about the speed queen. that chine that comes from the top down is unmistakable and the back of the transom matches perfectly. However its a totally open cockpit and unless someone did an exceptional job of the conversion I cant find anywhere they came as such. On a side note, if anyone in Arizona needs a 1963 75 horse Johnson ill give you a real good deal.

Need help identifying this boat! 4 years 8 months ago #140337

I'm guessing it's this rambler from 1962.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)