Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stanray Traveler 1966 - free to a good home...

Stanray Traveler 1966 - free to a good home... 4 years 9 months ago #140131

Western NY State, near Buffalo.

Stanray Traveler 1966 20' stern-drive -

V6 Buick, engine was good when parked 6 or so years back (ran it in the back yard, never put it in the water). Oiled the cylinders for three years, neglected in the last three or four. Pistons may be seized.

OMC Drive unit is completely disassembled, needs new forward spring-clutch unit.

New drive-unit lift motor.
New poly fuel tank (one of two tanks)

Fiberglass seems to be ok, but I'm completely ignorant about these things...

Includes two-axle trailer that needs new tires.

Bought it from a neighbor cheap, thought I'd have time for a new boat life - but didn't!

If someone could direct me to a good way to find a home for it, I'd sure appreciate it! I need one less project!

Thanks!
-- Chandler
(Oh yeah, includes 8-track player -grin)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stanray Traveler 1966 - free to a good home... 4 years 9 months ago #140271

(Hmmmm. Not even a snicker!)

Ok, can anyone tell me if CharityBoats.org is legit?

I've tried to contact them once, with no reply. Is there any point in trying again?

I'm really just trying to find a place to put my boat that isn't a landfill! (I'm sure it's a common story, however)

Thanks.

Stanray Traveler 1966 - free to a good home... 4 years 8 months ago #140651

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
wow- wish i was closer. the boat is really not worth re-doing but that buick v6 engine- those were pretty cool

Stanray Traveler 1966 - free to a good home... 4 years 8 months ago #140673

jon_a wrote: wow- wish i was closer. the boat is really not worth re-doing but that buick v6 engine- those were pretty cool

Yeah, I'd be all over that if it were within 100 miles of me. I'm still kicking myself that this estate sale find turned out to be a dud. Old guy treasured this boat for decades. Got sick, family didn't winterize, cracked the heads. Got better, had the engine rebuilt, got sick and died. When I bought it, it started and purred like a kitten. And made cappuccino in the crankcase. :cry

Beautiful lines. Had a 6 cyl Mercruiser in it, too. It was from an obscure boat mfg that got bought out by Bayliner. Wasn't a total loss. I paid $150 for it. Sold the trailer for $250, and kept the MinnKota trolling motor.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6472 guests and no members online