Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Electric Shift stringer steering

Electric Shift stringer steering 3 months 3 weeks ago #139408

I need some help.....I outfitted my ole 62 Deluxe with a 305/I/O ....it had the steering with the arm to outdrive (Morris?) ...where the swivel ball goes through the transom it has two stainless steel plates, one inside one outside.....and a small rubber seal that went on the swivel ball
However it all seems like to much play in the seal area....the ball has 1/4 inch play and I am afraid it will leak water here?....am I missing another seal?.....it has a grease fitting if I fill it full of grease is that supposed to seal better?....
any help appreciated
picture for attn....not mine but same idea
Is there another type steering that I could use?.....without too much work?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Electric Shift stringer steering 3 months 2 weeks ago #139420

It should fit snug, but why did you change the steering setup from the original rope/pulley set up?

Electric Shift stringer steering 3 months 2 weeks ago #139427

Thanks, I changed the entire original outdrive from the v4 to a v8 setup....totally different then the original setup ....this is the type that was on the v8 outdrive ....the plates do not fit tight together , I did make a gasket to seal the plate against Hull ...maybe the gasket is causing the issue?

Electric Shift stringer steering 2 weeks 3 days ago #140529

62Deluxe wrote: I need some help.....I outfitted my ole 62 Deluxe with a 305/I/O ....it had the steering with the arm to outdrive (Morris?) ...where the swivel ball goes through the transom it has two stainless steel plates, one inside one outside.....and a small rubber seal that went on the swivel ball
However it all seems like to much play in the seal area....the ball has 1/4 inch play and I am afraid it will leak water here?....am I missing another seal?.....it has a grease fitting if I fill it full of grease is that supposed to seal better?....
any help appreciated
picture for attn....not mine but same idea
Is there another type steering that I could use?.....without too much work?

Hey, if you haven't figured it out yet, both plates fit together on the outside of the hull.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

1961 Shell Lake Rocket
( / Boats)

1961 Shell Lake Rocket
08-21-2019

1962 OMC deluxe electric stringer