Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Calling All Experts...Mystery boat...

Calling All Experts...Mystery boat... 5 years 5 months ago #138082

So...a friend of a friend (uh, oh) has a "1958 fiberglass boat with the original 35 hp Johnson engine." He says it has rear wheel steering and is dual cockpit (with no pass-through). Says it is a 14' boat. He is giving it away as his new wife wants it OUT of the garage. He doesn't know the brand and had no pictures...I am going to look at it on Sunday. All the rear steering, dual cockpit boats are either aluminum or molded plywood...but NOT fiberglass. He almost made it sound like it has the 'option' of steering from the back...which sounds very bizzare... Says the original color is gold and white. I am dying to know what brand boat it is...hopefully it is something cool and interesting that I can get out on the water. It comes with a trailer and he says the engine runs... As a "free" boat it just might be worth it for the engine and trailer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Calling All Experts...Mystery boat... 5 years 5 months ago #138084

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
My Dad’s 1960 Talv was a tear steer twin cockpit, but was a walkthrough. His was Fiberglass. Yours has separate cockpit, so something different. His hull was a flat bottom monoplane step hull, so rear steering made it a 50 mph boat with a 75. It took a pretty big circle to turn that sliding hull. Wish I had that finned boat. Looked about 14-15 feet long. Hope you get that boat and post pictures.

Dr.Go!

Calling All Experts...Mystery boat... 5 years 5 months ago #138121

It could be a 14' Speed Queen as I believe they had the option of a rear steering and it did come in white bottom and gold deck.

www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Speed_Queen

1960 14' Speed Queen
1972 10' Tri-Cat 3
[Building] 10' Glen-L Squirt
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6918 guests and one member online