Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help.....In need of a new windshield

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137414

I need a few windshields made for a few different boas 'm building and I was quoted $800.00-$1000.00 each by a So Cal boat windshield builder so does anyone know of any other boat windshield builders? It does not have to be in my area because I will pay to have it shipped if it is cheaper than 800-1000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137415

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Memory fails me at the moment but there is someone on this forum that has many used windshields. He'll show up eventually so be patient.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137423

Thanks 63 Sabre but I want new windshields because they are for boats that I'm restoring. Thanks again

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137427

I don't know if they will be cheaper, but you can contact theplasticsguy.com out of the Sacramento area.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137428

Thanks for that info. I actually heard of someone in Sacramento but they could not remember the name of the company.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137431

• curse
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Custom Windshield’s
$300
Cloquet, MN
Custom Windshield’s starting at $300.00. Gaskets $50, Deck Anchors $30 shipping available.

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155852360393546&set=pcb.701819906821297&type=3&ifg=1

1960 slickcraft catalina
1963 g-w invader ski-bird
1972 g-w invader drag & ski 14
Portage Michigan

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137434

Thanks Damartinca, I called The Plastic Guy and it was much cheaper. $350.00 each plus shipping around $100.00 or so. That is better than $800.00-$1000.00 each.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137435

That's awesome! They made mine and if you can see my avatar, you can see how complex it was. Brett and his wife are nice people. Tell them David from GSG recommended them.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137438

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I just got 3 from NIK they are a strong material with metal wrap aNd complete,,just trim bottom to deck, very pleased for the money BILL

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137633

Plastics Guy knocked out 2 windshields and I received them a week later and they look great,they look so great I'm sending my 1957 Herters Flying Fish windshield to him next week but he does not do any of the aluminum edge molding for the windshield so does anyone know where I can buy the C channel for the top of the windshield and solid former able aluminum to go around the lower part of the windshield.
  • Attachments:

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 7 months ago #137634

Thanks Bill, I google NIK but nothing shows up.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 5 months ago #137963

I have to give a BIG thanks to Brett at The Plastics Guy in Sacramento Ca for doing a great job on the 2 Larson Thunder hawk windshields and the Herters flying Fish windshield I ordered (they look great) and the price was so fair that I went ahead and gave him the go ahead on doing 2 1958 Glastron Windshields that I will need for my next 2 builds. He also ships you need that option.
    Attachments:

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 5 months ago #137965

He is awesome. Glad it worked out.

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 5 months ago #137972

I try to click on the link but it is not working, I’m try to get a top windshield for my delmar for 3 years now and can’t find one .

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 5 months ago #137974

• Eduardo
    • Expert Boarder
    • Expert Boarder
    • Thank you received: 5
    Brett, The Plastics Guy, and his wife are members of the Golden State Glassics. He has posted a few time here I believe. They are super nice people and family; members of their family owns a couple of '59 Dorsett runabouts.

Boozer, glad to hear that they took care of you. Nice to see the progress on your old boats. Looks really good. Just last year, Brett made one for a GSG member's Larson Falls Flyer like yours. Let me see if I can find a picture. There are a few old boat (GSG) members in the SoCal area. You should hook up with them someday.

Commando, try this link. If it doesn't work, just key enter the address.

theplasticsguy.com/

Good luck.

Eddie

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 5 months ago #137978

Thanks Guys....I reached out to Plastic Guys after reading the information posted here. I have two Powercat 18dc's that need windshields. Brett got back to me quickly and was very helpful. Unfortunately, I don't have a pattern or broken pieces for him to make the windshield. We are working on a solution. Worse case I will drag one of the Powercats to Sacremento. And then I can go boating with Edwardo and his group.
    Ron

Help.....In need of a new windshield 5 years 5 months ago #138014

What material does the Plastics Guy use? If Lexan (polycarbonite), $350 is about right. However, some windshields have a more complex shape, and then you have to use Plexiglas (acrylic), which costs about $750, plus installation and/or shipping.

Many of the TaylorMade windshields from back in the day need to be made out of the latter, to be a perfect match. They often bow out from top to bottom, along with the bend on either side.

Just a consideration, having just gone through that with my 1962 MFG. In my case, I ended up having the bad section cut out, and custom-made vent installed, for the same price as a new un-vented windshield.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6751 guests and 3 members online