• Page:

TOPIC: Boat cover

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134064

• kewpie79
  • kewpie79's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Where do you guys go to get a cover for your glassic? All I can find are generic covers, or they claim to be custom and turn out to be generic. It is for a 15' Arkansas Traveler deluxe utility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134066

I have been very happy with my Vortex Direct cover. Inexpensive, made well. It isn't custom, but it has fit pretty well.

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134070

a custom fit cover is going to cost you mucho danero. here in n.j a shop quoted me $400 12 yrs.ago..for a 60 cc mantaray. i bought an elastic cover at a local boat supplier. ron

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134079

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Depends on what your looking for. If you just want to keep the dust off anything will work. If you want to store it outside in the elements there are bunches of choices. I've had really good luck with the Classic brand of covers. They are well built, strong and last. They are available at Wally world or online or some other box stores and are reasonably priced. If you store outside in winter snow or bad weather put the cover on and then put a cheap plastic sheeting over it that you can toss away in springtime.
www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Accessories-StormPro-Boat-Storage-Cover/16637555?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222008934851&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=e&wl1=o&wl2=c&wl3=10363700782&wl4=kwd-1103088185745&wl12=16637555_10000001205&wl14=classic%20accessories%20boat%20covers&veh=sem

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134114

• Meteor
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
When I was faced with a cover for my Cadillac Sea Lark I was quoted $1000 for a custom cover . I opted to make my own , I bought 2 universal covers for about $80 each. One cover was cut to fit around the fins and motor and the other was sacrificed for the missing parts. I sewed it up and although not custom fit quality it works well and is very durable. With the straps on it fits quite tight..

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134115

• kewpie79
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
cool cover and thanks to all for the info

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134124

• asign
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We bought a Classic brand cover from our local Farm and Fleet on end of season clearance for our 18' glasspar Seafair sedan. We got one for a 22' long and 106" beam. It covered the tall cabin and windshield nicely and also extended enough to cover both motors nicely to prevent sun fading. It comes about 1/3 of the way down the sides and has nice straps that hold it tight. We haven't trailered it with it on yet, but seems sturdy enough and heavy weight material. Also has some vents. . $160 on clearance from $250. Last year.

First, do no harm!
It's a lot easier to buy a boat than sell a boat.(Stole this from a member!)
All that work and hardware store mailbox letters for the hull? Tsk tsk..

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134180

My cover is a 24'x35' shop. Works great.

If you do consider custom sewing or modding your own like Meteor (awesome job BTW) there are a whole series of helpful videos on the Sailrite website. They go through the entire process sewing one from scratch, but there are some useful ideas in the series even if you're just modding. I taught myself to sew watching their free videos.

Boat cover 6 years 6 months ago #134181

• kewpie79
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I ended getting one from walmart.com It is made by North East Harbor. It is 600 denier and only ran 59.00 on clearance. Will see if it holds up and does the job.

Boat cover 7 months 3 weeks ago #148254

This boat waterproof cover using durable canvas fabric, tested by waterproof PU coating and sun protection, it is not easy to tear, fade, wet and cold crack. All of the above have been rigorously tested in the laboratory to protect your ship from bad weather throughout the year. You can choose your own classic accessories boat covers just at the Kemimoto Super Markets.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)