Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member - Need Boat ID Help

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 8 months ago #133600

Greetings!
I'm a new member here, and to date I have never owned a boat, but I spent 6 years in the US Navy. Then a neighbor to our family house in the Pocono Mts (PA) decided to move, and the boat in attached pictures wound up in the driveway. Other than a faded out plate that stated 5 passengers and a maximum of 50HP engine, I have no idea what this is. Can anyone identify this? I might take this on as a winter project.

Thanks!
Ken

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133687

where in the poconos? looks like my road..andrea lane..bohemia. my guess its late 50's... if you give them the reg.# at the penn. fish and game comission office in milford, pa., i'm sure they can answer your question. maybe a phone call to them if your far from there..good luck, ron

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133697

LOL! Not the same road, but we're in Fawn Lake Forest, up from "The Cuckoo's Nest", which is ground zero of Bohemia. Didn't think of a registration lookup - thanks! BTW, I was just at "Wheeliefest" over at Paradise Island off Towpath Rd.

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133700

ha..i knew somethin clicked when i saw the grounds, almost identical. i built the waterfall tiers leading out of the pond back in the early 90's when skip mckean was alive. also did a lot of landscaping arounnd paradise island the pond, and house. did many jobs in fawn lake and masthope rapids. worked pretty much for 5 straight years there when it was booming with home builds.

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133702

Yeah - all the thin tall trees that were planted after the original forest was mowed down for paper. Nothing is really thicker than a bowling ball. My in-laws have the house up there, and we've had family up on Rowland road since the 40's (before my time), part of the "Little Norway" community. BTW, love your boat!

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133704

i,ve probably walked past someone from your family at the turkey shoots when they were held up from the cuckoos nest every year or even sat next to one at the bar. little norway..they started the community..names like engvaldsen and such. i have one of the original "where the hell is lackawaxen" t-shirts. lots of fun tubing on the river too, when they let the water out of lake wallenpaupack thru the tube into the river at kimbles. man thats some rush till it hits the delaware river at lackawaxen. i bought up there in 1972, 90 miles from my n.j. residence.

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133705

I'll bet you were with my family - they probably were paying the electric bill in there through their bar tab!
I'll be up there Labor Day weekend - I'll ping you for a beer at the newly reopend Cuckoo's Nest...
Take care!

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133706

nj phone 201-8431347 up there 570-6857934....cell 201- 6947655..if you walk out the front door of the cukes and walk 1/2 mile thru the woods you should be pretty close to my place off of urban road. thats how we use to get down there with the snomobiles...

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133729

I don't make a habit of hanging my phone number on a public forum - I sent you a "connection request" to give you my contact info. I'm probably heading up Thursday night, but I'm flying in from Nashville that afternoon, so my schedule is at the mercy of the airline industry. First round's on me!

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133744

hope to be there. i don't have internet service up there since its a 2nd home, so all my communication is a landline phone. cell serviceis off and on depending on the mood of the atmosphere at the time. correction on the pa. phone# 570-6857963.
Attachments:

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #133749

I see you've met the bear family. My dog goes nuts when they stroll through. 😁

New Member - Need Boat ID Help 6 years 7 months ago #134085

I didn't make it to cuke's - other party's prevailed. The boat is registered as "home made", so I didn't figure out the manufacturer from the registration...just may have to work it as an unknown.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 5620 guests and no members online