Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Classic fiberglass runabouts

Classic fiberglass runabouts 7 years 1 day ago #131047

Just letting the word out, in case anyone is interested. We were cruising the local marine salvage yard, where we bought our latest project, a 1959 Glasspar Seafair. In the yard were a number of 50's and 60's vintage fiberglass runabouts, 12 to 14 foot approximately. Most would be easily restorable. Many were on trailers. There was a yellow one, turquoise, sea foam green, a salmon pink one - lots of cute little boats. They are at Lanier Marine Salvage in Dawsonville, GA. Hate to see them just sitting there, but we have our hands full now with the Glasspar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Classic fiberglass runabouts 7 years 1 day ago #131051

Hey Eddie - not many southeastern members here, I'm outside Macon. I don't need another project but I'm intrigued about the salvage place. I didn't know it was up there. I'll have to check it out, there's always something I need.

Classic fiberglass runabouts 7 years 1 day ago #131052

Any pics of the boats? I wonder what make the salmon/pink boat is? Our 1962 Span America is a salmon/pink color with white trim.

Marty
Keeper of Pawpaws Boat
1962 Span America

Classic fiberglass runabouts 7 years 19 hours ago #131053

Classic fiberglass runabouts 7 years 17 hours ago #131055

I browsed around their site earlier. They mention recycling the stock in September in several ads. Any idea if that's still a current statement? I might need to drive up there and pick out a galvinized trailer later this summer if they're going to scrap the whole yard.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)