TOPIC: Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article

Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130453

• Shake
  • Shake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130552

Thanks very much for posting your find. I have one of the two cruismasters made. Could very well be the one in the
Photo. Larson made a prototype and only one boat. They then were bought by Carver which made cruisers and never
made any more Cruismasrers. I will find myself a popular mechanics issue for reference. Thanks again!

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130574

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Please post Pictures of your Cruismaster, the more the merrier. I really like that boat.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130575

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Gilligan, I see that you are in Wisconsin also. I am just outside of mauston, I think I am up to 20+ vintage boats now, I'd love to see your collection as well as host a tour of my boats as well... do you get to the dells area much?

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130579

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Your avatar look very familiar seen it at the museum in Alexender, MN last summer.
Attachments:

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130587

That is my boat in Alexender Mn. It is on loan to them. It is a Evenrude boat, only one produced. I will try to find a photo of the cruise master.

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130599

• DPA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This one?
Attachments:

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130610

That's it. This was taken the day I purchased it and moved it to storage. Was purchased in Wilmer Mn. Boat museum auction. Hope to finish restoration in two years.

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130611

Gilligan wrote:

Thanks very much for posting your find. I have one of the two cruismasters made. Could very well be the one in the
Photo. Larson made a prototype and only one boat. They then were bought by Carver which made cruisers and never
made any more Cruismasrers. I will find myself a popular mechanics issue for reference. Thanks again!

Larson boat Works was never purchased by Carver. The Cruisemaster met it's fate after Larson was purchased by Brunswick circa 1960. Brunswick also owned Kiekhaefer Mercury and Owens Yachts. It was the Owens line that had large, inboard cruiser boats so no need for Brunswick to have two companies making similar lines.

Larson Boat is moving from Little Falls, MN to Pulaski, WI in 2017 to the facility of Marquis Yachts which is the old Carver Boat operation.

Andreas

Re:Larson Cruismaster in a popular mechanics article 7 years 1 month ago #130629

I stand corrected. Thanks Andreas

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8117 guests and no members online