Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thompson Boat Rally 2017

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 7 years 2 months ago #130023

The non-judged, no award Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally takes place 23-24 June 2017 at Nestegg Marine in Marinette, Wisconsin. It is open to any and all vintage watercraft with emphasis on Thompson Boat and all her various spin-offs: Cruisers, Inc.; T & T Boats; Thompson of New York; Thompson Royal-Craft; Shawano boat Mfg. Co.; Thompson by Chris-Craft; Chris-Craft Corsair; Grady White Boats; Thompson water skis; etc... It is open to wood and fiberglass and aluminum and composites.

Andreas
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 7 years 2 months ago #130031

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Barring any disasters I should be there with the Shell Lake Rocket. C U there.

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 7 years 2 months ago #130037

Sorry Andreas, it's a little too far for me. :(

Bob

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 7 years 2 months ago #130039

Sounds great! See you there.
Bill

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 7 years 2 months ago #130040

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
See you there also Bill.
Just a reminder coming in August 11-12 the annual boat show event in Sturgeon Bay, WI. This is a two day event where the city actually shuts down a main street and party's. Beer and rum is consumed on the grounds and live bands in the center of the streets.
Here's a link.
www.dcmm.org/

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 7 years 2 months ago #130087

I mentioned the show in Sturgeon Bay to the wife and she actually showed some interest. I will push her for a commitment so I can make reservations.
Bill

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132366

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Just confirmed, I will not be there. Have to treck up to upper MN (Bovey) for the weekend.

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132367

Thompson Antique & Classic Boat Rally is 24 June 2017 at Nestegg Marine in Marinette, Wisconsin. Open to any and all classic watercraft. $20.00 registration fee to display. No judging. No awards. Emphasis on fun and networking and learning about vintage boats and canoes and duck skiffs.

Andreas

Re:Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132383

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I will be there with a boat dunno which but ill be there,,BILL

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132391

I just checked the Weather Channel and they are saying 75 degrees and sunny for Friday, for whatever that is worth. Hopefully we will luck out and have another perfect weather weekend like we had 2 years ago ! I will check tomorrow and see what they are saying for Saturday.
Bill

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132450

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Will someone please take some pictures?
I'll be up in Bovey, MN. at the sister-in-laws. Not my first choice of how to spend a weekend.
this will be the second meet I've missed so far this year. Bummer! Looking forward to Tomahawk I guess.

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132458

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Me too Cal...missing 2nd show and looking at Tomahawk. I am thinking Thursday for me. I need some parts and decals for a few different things. If you need parts, earlier is better...but 2 days is better yet. Starts on first Wednesday of August. Hope I get to see some pictures from this weekend. Sorry I am missing as I was hoping to meet Andreas.

Dr.Go!

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132461

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I am going but not good with pics but we will see, we have been too busy to get bigfin boat done so we just loaded the Barnes,,when I looked at weather it showed rain th and sun so we might be ok see ya bill
Attachments:

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132489

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ju st a quick report,,I made several stops on way up Friday,so I missed the tour of Andreas family laminating company,,they said it is a must see,,They had a good scheduled meeting spot,nice local bar for supper,great fish fry.Sat morning unloaded boat and watched em come in,,It was a Thompson show mainly and they had a different types from inboards to little skiffs,runabout,different sizes,The weather held off a lot of people but it did rain by 10 then cleared up til 1:00.It was on an island the marina owns and was nice,I left at 1 to go to Appleton appointment,I know I saw 2 more on way in,,There was 20 or so at least,There were a couple venders had sold some misc.They had a neat camp fire area and Bill and Mary did a cook out sat,Very well organized,people from minn,wis and NY that I know f or sure attended,Hats off to ANDREAS,,Bill, Mary and who ever else helped,Not good with pics but,I took thes at 9,,more came in, Bill

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132492

Thanks for posting the photos Bill. Great to have you join us in the rain storm! The Thompson Boat Rally was a wash-out. It rained most of the day and evening. We still had a nice turn out of watercraft and we certainly had fun. A couple pulled a boat from upstate New York to join us! Pete Thompson of the Thompson Boat family spent several hours with us. I saw at least three other former workers from the Thompson Boat factory at the Rally.

Here's hoping for great weather in two years for the next Thompson Boat Rally !

Andreas

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132502

Thanks again to you, Andreas, for all of the work you do to make this happen. And also to Bill and Mary, and everyone else that came and shared stories and experiences despite the weather. Thanks Andreas for the offer of the last minute picnic at your family home. It is a beautiful place and it was generous of you to offer it as an alternative to eating under the shelter in the rain. Even with the rain, I still consider it a success, since it was a good reason for friends - new and old - to get together and catch up. And Bill, it is great to be able to put a face to the guy who bought our old water skis and see that they went to the right place, not just sitting in the rafters of our boathouse collecting dust.
I was a Boy Scout leader for many years and found out from the boys that the camp outs and adventures where the weather didn't cooperate were the ones that they remember the best. So this one will definitely be remembered!!
Thanks again to everyone who came and shared,
Bill

Thompson Boat Rally 2017 6 years 9 months ago #132503

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for the photos Bill. Seems like the rain is pretty well scattered about. Rained every day I was up in northern Minn. also.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7310 guests and no members online