• Page:

TOPIC: JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10

JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10 7 years 5 months ago #128537

• 63LStriton
  • 63LStriton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
The Johnyrude that I am working on, Johnson FD-10 15 hp, was only made one year before they upped the displacement and power to an 18 hp. The motor was seized, so I was originally thinking new rings for sure. It could ideally also use a top seal. Problem is that finding parts for the FD-10 has been not very successful.

As I understand it, Evinrude made the 15 hp for a few years before Johnson copied the design for one year in 1956. I think they made it 53-57, or something like that. Would I be pretty safe looking up parts for a 55 Rude 15 hp in my search for rings and a top seal. Marineengine doesn't have diagrams and any of the 55 or 56 15 hp.

I have the pistons soaking in a carb cleaner kit in the hope that I might be able to save them if I don't break them getting them off the pistons. It seems like they are welded on! Assuming I can get them re-habbed, there is not much I can do to rehab the top seal except put it back in and pray...

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember - There's always room for one more project!! (not really, my garage is full!!)

1963 Lone Star Triton w/ 1979 55 hp Johnson (soon 1963 Merc 850!!!)
1968 Lone Star Mustang w/1974 70 hp Evinrude
1974 Marlin with 1971 Merc 1350
1980 Glastron GT-150 w/1977 115 hp Johnson ( soon 1977 Merc...

Re: JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10 7 years 5 months ago #128558

Ask for a parts diagram at aomci.org/forum/index.php

(A satisfied AOMCI member)

Re:JEGO gurus - parts sourcing / swap for John FD-10 7 years 2 months ago #130109

You should be in luck for finding rings. Your FD-10 has the same bore and uses the same 378416 rings as the ten horse OMC motors thru '63.

I'll see if I can attach the parts manual for a '56 FDE-10. It's the same motor as yours except for the electric start system.

I couldn't attach the file. It was too big. Ask for it at aomci.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2 and I can post it there.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.671 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 9029 guests and one member online