Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® North-West
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free to good home.. '68 Seafair

Free to good home.. '68 Seafair 11 years 4 months ago #72215

Hi Folks,
I hope it's not breaking any rules to post this here but as this is FREE and not a sale, AND it's near Mount Vernon, in the Pacific Northwest and will hopefully be a local pickup, I thought It might be better placed here. If it needs to move, that's ok.
I picked this baby up a few years ago as a project and then later picked up another boat that was ready for the water and have been spending my time on that one.
This Seafair has good bones I think. Someone before me started the restoration process gutting it and then it just sat. The canvas was new (Burien Covers), but unfortunately just sitting in the elements has not been kind. No damage, just the usual pitting of the vinyl (frizen glass) which is sad because canvas and zippers are essentially new. The engine is missing the manifold and some other bits, and the bulkhead needs to be replaced, etc.. Bottom line is that a full restoration is in order and my plan was just pull the I/O, fix it up and make it into an outboard. The hull is intact as far as I can tell, so really, the restoration would not be too bad for someone that had the time.
In any case, I've had it three years and done nothing with it. I'm not looking for any money, but if someone wanted to give me a few bucks for it I wouldn't turn it down, but I'm just saying, if you want it, it's yours. It's NOT on a trailer, that was toast, when I got it. However, I do have it on blocks, and I DO have a trailer for my other boat (which is in the marina) and would help you get it moved from my yard to yours. I'll attach a couple of pictures I just took, I have several more.
Contact me if you are interested. I'd really love for this boat to go to a good home.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Free to good home.. '68 Seafair 11 years 4 months ago #72414

If the boat is still availble I know somebody that's interested. Please send me some contact info to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I,ll foward it to him, he is interested in my trailer, and could haul it off. Later, Pat

Re:Free to good home.. '68 Seafair 11 years 4 months ago #72418

Hello,
I live in Snohomish near Monroe and would like to look at your '68 Seafair Sedan. I've looked at a 1966 trailer offered by Patrick MacNally in Arlington which may handle the Seafair. Can you please either call me at my cell below or send me your phone number? My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I'd like to see the extent of the restoration needed. Is the existing engine not useable?
I look forward to speaking with you.
Don Roberts
cell: 206-730-2413

Re:Free to good home.. '68 Seafair 11 years 4 months ago #72420

I sent Pat an email before because I got an alert that the thread was updated, but now I see you're here. I'll call you in a little bit. Would love to see it go to a good home.

Re:Free to good home.. '68 Seafair 11 years 4 months ago #72425

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? ;)

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:Free to good home.. '68 Seafair 10 years 3 months ago #87837

So I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead much like I hope someone will want to do with this '68 Seafair.

The deal above fell through (a year ago) and since then I have started parting out the engine, dash and whatever other bits Pacific Marine Exchange would take. I still have the canvas and frame. The canvas is in ok condition having just been sitting on the boat for several years. It was brand new about 5 years ago, having never seen water other than rain, but you'd be surprised what sun, rain and cold can do. On the bright side, it's either repairable, or at the very least in perfect condition to copy to make a new one. The frame is just fine, excellent even.

Anyway, what's left is still available. If someone doesn't come and get it, it's going to meet Mr. Chainsaw and I'm not even sure I have the stomach to do that to a boat in any condition. You'll need a trailer, but that's it. Some new flooring, maybe a new transom, wire it and cable it up with an outboard... one helluva project but I think worth it for someone with the skills.

Just wanted to put here one more time as the Admiral has said it will be gone by spring, one way or another.

Re:Free to good home.. '68 Seafair 10 years 3 months ago #87851

• Kelly
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm interested in the canvas and frame and can pick it up tomorrow if you'll part with it.
Thanks,
Kelly

1958 Uniflite>
Crafted in WA state