• Page:

TOPIC: 12' Boat Unknown

12' Boat Unknown 1 week 6 days ago #137137

• firepinto
  • firepinto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I picked up this boat mostly for the newish trolling motor that came with it. It has no identification or serial number tags. When I try to register the WS number online, it displays a shortened make of "econ". I went through a few pages in the library, but haven't found any leads. Anyone got a guess?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12' Boat Unknown 1 week 5 days ago #137142

Can't help with the identification, but it looks like a well-built fishing boat.

12' Boat Unknown 1 week 3 days ago #137169

• firepinto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Im guessing this could be as old as the 1950s. It does seem well built, but some materials seem a little thin. The bottom of the boat is pushed up some, which rolled the wall of the seats where it rivets to the hull. I was able to fix the hull by filling it with water and persuading it lightly with a big hammer. Found minor leaks, made a leak bigger by trying to fix a dent. The drain plug threads are all but gone. Might epoxy a tube in place to use a standard rubber stopper. Just need to patch up some butchered screw holes and give it a good duck hunting paint job.

12' Boat Unknown 1 week 1 day ago #137192

• firepinto
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
With a large set of Channelocks, I was able to remove the old drain plug. The threads are very corroded on the plug, but the boat side didn't look too bad. I didn't want to have the threads be a wearing item from normal use. So I came up with this with a little luck. I had planned on machining something from scratch, and JB Welding it in. Then use a standard mechanical rubber boat plug. But I found a 3/4 inch nipple with a nice smooth bore. Later I stopped at the new Gander store, and found a smaller plug in the kayak section. I was amazed that it fit perfectly when I got back to the car. I turned off one side of the threads on the nipple with my mini lathe. Then installed it with Teflon tape. No leaks when I filled the boat with water. Pretty slick.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Wated: Vintage Stern Light
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

Wated: Vintage Stern Light
08-14-2018