I picked up this boat mostly for the newish trolling motor that came with it. It has no identification or serial number tags. When I try to register the WS number online, it displays a shortened make of "econ". I went through a few pages in the library, but haven't found any leads. Anyone got a guess?
Im guessing this could be as old as the 1950s. It does seem well built, but some materials seem a little thin. The bottom of the boat is pushed up some, which rolled the wall of the seats where it rivets to the hull. I was able to fix the hull by filling it with water and persuading it lightly with a big hammer. Found minor leaks, made a leak bigger by trying to fix a dent. The drain plug threads are all but gone. Might epoxy a tube in place to use a standard rubber stopper. Just need to patch up some butchered screw holes and give it a good duck hunting paint job.
With a large set of Channelocks, I was able to remove the old drain plug. The threads are very corroded on the plug, but the boat side didn't look too bad. I didn't want to have the threads be a wearing item from normal use. So I came up with this with a little luck. I had planned on machining something from scratch, and JB Welding it in. Then use a standard mechanical rubber boat plug. But I found a 3/4 inch nipple with a nice smooth bore. Later I stopped at the new Gander store, and found a smaller plug in the kayak section. I was amazed that it fit perfectly when I got back to the car. I turned off one side of the threads on the nipple with my mini lathe. Then installed it with Teflon tape. No leaks when I filled the boat with water. Pretty slick.