Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
An opportunity for members of the FiberGlassics community to exchange thoughts and ideas with the Antique and Classic Boat Society.
The ACBS is committed to the preservation and restoration of all classic boats.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beaver Boat Company - was in Cape Girardeau,MO

Beaver Boat Company - was in Cape Girardeau,MO 4 months 3 weeks ago #131046

• kenl
  • kenl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am seeking any history of....etc. Beaver Boat Company once located in Cape Girardeau, MO. that manufactured the 17' "Classic Beaver Custom" Inboard ski boat. I am restoring one that was built in 1965. It has a 392 cu. in. Chrysler Hemi engine from a 1958 Chrysler Imperial. The engine was installed by Beaver Boat and Engine Company of Detroit, MI. There is no company information on Beaver Boat and Engine Company that I have been able to find online. There is one picture (see below) of a Classic Beaver Custom that I found on the old Fiberglassics site but the administrator has disabled write access. The other pic's are the one I am restoring. I will greatly appreciate any input on one or both companies or contact with anyone that had or still owns one of these boats.

TX, Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Beaver Boat Company - was in Cape Girardeau,MO 1 week 5 days ago #133254

Ken,
My wife and I own the Beaver in your first picture. That was taken at the 2015 Chesapeake Bay Chapter annual ACBS boat show at St. Michaels. I too seek any information regarding these boats. I have had no luck so far. I did find an Olds engine from Beaver Boat and Engine Company supposedly built for racing. We have a 283 Chevy engine and now aluminum headers.
We purchased the boat in Holland, Michigan ~2012.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

1959 Glasspar G3
( / Boats)

1959 Glasspar G3
08-19-2017

Century MKII