Disclaimer and complaints: Opinions expressed by Forum participants are their own and do not necessarily reflect those of Fiberglassics.com or the webmaster or moderator. If you object strongly to the content of any message please send an email explaining why to the moderator who will attempt to resolve your complaint swiftly and fairly. The decision(s) of the Moderator and/or Webmaster are final and unconditional on any Message Board issues concerning Postings, Topics or Posters.
In order to maintain a friendly and constructive environment on Fiberglassics.com we have created a Code of Conduct that we ask posters to adhere to during their time on any of the forums. By posting at any message board, all Posters imply agreement with and adherence to this Code of Conduct.
By registering you agree to be bound by the following:
While the moderator of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, some things slip by.. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the moderator or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, libellous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that is considered being plain rude. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned. You agree that the webmaster, and moderator of this forum have the right to remove or edit, any topic or individual post at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database and can be used by Fiberglassics for several reasons, such as advertising the site, or to enlarge Fiberglassic's information sections.
Only one User Account is allowed per person, and it is preferable you should register using your legal name. Although the use of an alias is allowed, unsuitable aliases will be rejected by the Moderation Team. Impersonating other posters or other individuals risks the termination of your account.
Remember that other posters and members of Fiberglassics are real people. Therefore, and at all times, please employ the same high standards of politeness that are expected of all of us in "real life" interactions.
· Please be considerate and never belittle, unduly criticize, hurt or ridicule posters and/or the webmaster and moderator.
· Racially offensive or abusive language is banned at all times, as is religion and/or politics
· Posting something that's deliberately angry, sarcastic, sardonic, spiteful and/or otherwise mean-spirited, like racially offensive and/or abusive language, is totally unacceptable. Posting such deliberately provocative things in general and/or or aimed at other posters or the moderator or webmaster just to stir up trouble will not be tolerated; the same is true for pornography or links to pornographic sites. All posts that fall into these categories will be instantly deleted.
· Discussing and/or otherwise hinting at decisions of the moderator or webmaster on any of the Fiberglassics.com boards is not allowed and such posts will be deleted. If a poster resorts frequently to this type of posting, his/her account will be deleted. However, if in any disagreement with a decision of the moderator or webmaster, please contact either one. Your complaint will be processed carefully.
· Do not use the Main Forum for repetitive idle chit-chat.
· Messages should be appropriate and relevant to the board on which they are posted. We realize that it can't be done all the time. Some messages cover several topics and it can't be decided where it belongs. A lot of leeway is given here.
Forum policy on Suspensions
Every once in a while we run into the unfortunate situation where we have to suspend members for poor conduct at the forum. We have a formal process for dealing with members who decide to break the code of conduct repeatedly. This process will only be applied in extreme cases such as personal insults, foul language, and generally persistent vindictive posting on the part of the member.
The member will receive a maximum of three warnings and on the third offence will be barred from posting for a period of time.
If several people are inquiring through emails or posts as to why the person has been suspended, we will post the reasons so that everyone will see exactly why, and that it wasn't done just because we dislike or like anyone.
This does not in any way mean that we discourage debate; it simply means that any debate must be done within the confines of the code of conduct by all members.
We hope everyone understands the need to do this. We need to ensure that there is a mutual understanding by all members of the reason for these regrettable occurrences.
Policy regarding Harassing, Abusive, or Otherwise Objectionable Communications
All direct and/or indirect non-message board communication, for instance Email, sent to the webmaster or moderator, either in official or in private capacity, will remain confidential, and will not be reproduced without permission, except in one or more of the following circumstance:
· harassing, threatening or abusive to Fiberglassics.com or the webmaster or moderator.
· damaging to the reputation of Fiberglassics.com or the webmaster or moderator;
· serves to vilify, defame or cast aspersions against Fiberglassics.com or the webmaster or moderator with the intent of interfering with business relationships, including, but not limited to, affiliations or service agreements (this includes ANY threatening letters to an ISP, Web host, etc., or taking it upon oneself to email another forum participant telling them what they can and/or cannot post, or claiming that you represent FG and assume to know what the webmaster and/or moderator would want)
The moderator and/or webmaster shall be the sole arbiter(s) of what constitutes a communication fitting the above descriptions. Upon receipt of any such communication, or notification of receipt of any such communication by a party associated with the site, the moderator and/or webmaster reserves the right take to take action as necessary to protect their rights and interests, with or without prior notice to the person(s) or group(s) responsible for said communication.
What does this harassment section mean in plain English?
The section on harassment deals only with non message board harassing communication with members of Fiberglassics.com., forum users, or the webmaster and/or moderator - for example by email. In this we want to make sure that whenever a malicious individual emails any member, forum participant, or the webmaster and/or moderator
· a threatening and/or obscene way, and/or
· with bragging texts about how wonderful his/her progress is on wrecking the site, and/or
· foul rants in general, etc..
We reserve the right to expose this malicious individual’s communication on the Fiberglassics message boards whenever we feel there to be a need for it. This need will usually arise when we are in a process of banning said malicious individual. Our regular posters usually are not aware of some of the bickering that goes on “off board” and can therefore sometimes have difficulty in understanding why “happy such and so” suddenly is banned. When exposing, we can show the general public the true intent of some malicious posters and thus we're not hampered by emails & posts wanting explanations..
It is never acceptable to insult or attack other members or forum users. Disagreement is healthy and beneficial to intelligent discussion but should be based always on ideas and factual information and never degenerate to a personal attack or insult.
A violation of the above may lead to the immediate termination of your login and being banned from the forum permanently at the descretion of the moderator.
We also reserve the right--should other forms of abuse come to our attention--to
adjust our policies accordingly.
Within the Fiberglassics community, other members have boats that they are using which you may want to find for information.
You are encouraged to list your boat in "My Glassic Profile". When you do this, others can find you and you can find others who have the same make of boat.
To find boats in use, simply go to the "Site Search", put in your manufacturer and select the checkbox for "Profiles" only. This will search other users profiles for your boat.
You will see the names of others who have your same boat.